Thursday, January 24, 2008

There may be no 'I' in team...but there is a 'G'...

I was very surprised to receive a call from David this week about joining Team TYB. With the demise of the Hincapie Team; being passed up by the Setup, Inc Team, and a bit of a struggle trying to keep some sponsors on board - it was looking like I would be racing as 'the unmarked traithlete' this year. It was a bit of a downer but if I did all this racing for the money and the fame, I would have quit years ago. The most important thing I was losing was the opportunity to be a part of a team. Being part of something that is bigger than any one person individually has always proven to be one of the most motivational forces there is. Which brings me to Team TYB...

I was happy to hear the team would be comprised of not just good athletes, but good people. I'm looking forward to meeting those of you that I don't know and some of you (Cam) should not feel ashamed that Pete E. and I are both old enough to be your father (how's that for some more incentive) ;-) I think we can perform well and have a lot of fun.

For those that don't know me, I go by 'G-Man' -or just 'G' and my background is from cycling. I'll add a biographical post when I get a chance but suffice it to say that I've had a successful 3-year stint in the multi-sport world - mainly at longer events and events that involve little or no water.

This blog is a great way to keep the team together. I hope we have more opportunites to train and communicate together than some of the past teams I have been on because that's what makes it fun and keeps people focused. I have had good success with my website (http://www.giordanelli.com/) and will continue to use it as a way to highlight my sponsors, track my training, keep my race schedule (my preliminary 2008 schedule is posted), etc. However, I'm looking forward to giving it a bit of a face lift with my new team.

I hope to see you all on the 11th if not sooner,
G

4 comments:

David said...

Chris, it's great to have you as part of the whole! Look forward to racing with you and the rest of the fellas this year.

kleintri said...

Welcome Chris!! It's gonna be a fun year racing...I'm already looking forward to Parris Island and the rest of the year..I look forward to getting some training time together as a team also..Only 1 rule...You fast guys will have to take it easy on us slow runners..:)

Hal Outen

pete said...

Chris,
Welcome aboard!!! Now our tempo runs aren't just about you killing me, they are about helping a teammate get faster. Talk to you soon.
pete r

Jonathan Sowinski said...

Chris,
Great to have you on the team!!Looking foward to training/racing with you.
Jonathan Sowinski