Sunday, September 16, 2007

SC Half pre-report

Hey guys, looking forward to next year, and a rocking race season.
Just wanted to give you my take on what’s going on at the State Park in Greenwood.
For those of you doing the half this year, I think it will be your fastest. This morning the temp
hovered around 64 until after 12. I went out to do my 13mi’s on the course this morning, what a great day. The water on the other hand was so choppy! It’s hard to imagine white caps on Lake Greenwood but I call it as I see it. Anyway, nothing has changed much from last year. The bike and run are in the same old condition. Though, I am only guessing but the change in the run cutting the turn back to transition will take a little climbing out, and put us on a smother, level road.
Alright guys, time to day dream about IM Florida next year, and watch IM Arizona on VS.
Later,
Stephen

2 comments:

David said...

Good info, thanks Stephen. I remember how the water was at FoF, and that was challenging, for sure. Would you say it is the same or worse than then?

Stephen Shenal said...

It was worse by far, high winds all weekend helped. I hope for better conditions this week when I get back out there. Wetsuit for sure, just to be safe!